Bomberworld
Home Discussion Forum How to play? Bomberworld Patches Web Links Link Us February 20 2018 05:49:43
Play Bomberworld
Play Bomberworld our bomberman online multiplayer!

Navigation

Forum Threads
Newest Threads
Duels?
Most annoying players?
How did you find us?
SunTriXx
How to make new play...
Hottest Threads
Most annoying pla... [4]
Duels? [3]

Facebook Panel

View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Brainstorming - Bomberworld Crowdfunding?? Marketing?? Donations??
Costa
Community brainstorming for bomberworld.io

I've made a basic template for a donation page setup. Our goal is to reach 1500$ for the game. All donations will be used for game & website developement + marketing (recruit new people). This will provide us a stable and growing game and also decent servers. The game is growing and I can create multiple servers, but I prefer having a stable game first.
I (Michael / Costa) am willing to invest (also) when I release the donation system.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Template made for donations
bomberworld.io/forum/images/avatars/noavatar100.png
Hi there, old and new bomberman players!

I see that our community is growing so fast that we have to make some changes, so that we can develop a healthy environment and stable game.
We have alot of community and ingame features comming. Bomberman was a perfect game back in the days, but now that we're having this game in our own hands; we can create so much more!
Imagine: K/D Ratio system, Cheat log, game moderators (/kick & /ban), personal skins, 1vs1 & bomberman clanwar rooms, leaderboards...

All the given features will be there, but we need some cash to make this happen.

cdn.searchenginejournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/ppc-chatbot-strategy-760x400.jpg

This is a brief description on what we are planning on doing with the game. However, we need your opinion and feedback on everything you want in this game. We have done some research and we came up with this result for now. Give us a chance and we will give you a much better version of this game back! Updates and sketches will be provided along the way as we proceed with the funding. Reason for making this game is multiple people wanting it back, but nobody really taking the initiative to make it. Due to lack of budget, we are taking the backers road. Presentation will be updated along the way as we gather interest for this project. Just remember to keep giving us suggestions and ideas for this game so we can make it enjoyable for all!
Feel free to discuss anything which is related to this game and we will improvise. it is really important you give us your say on game modes and what you would like to be added in this game. If you are interested in contributing by joining the team also, email.

Why donate Bomberworld?

Simply because we love this game and someone is finally taking a stand to make it again with a modern vision and with clear intentions of bringing this game back. Let's satisfy ourselves and donate for each other and show support to bring this back. For the moment, we cannot promise any immediate reward until we actually get enthusiastic donators which really are burning for this to come back alive. We have decided to make natural structure of donation packs. it's hard to say what each package will contain at the moment, since we have just begun. Everyone who donates will be put in on a credit list page where we will discuss the beneficiaries for what we should accommodate in the future for those who helped us bring this game alive! We will have a reasonable discussion within the team and present an ideal package for the backers once the time is right and we are getting close to releasing the game. You will not be forgotten! Some perks/features which we have had in mind and up for discussion is: beta-testing, reserved slot, reserved name, donation title, donator skins, amount of coins/diamonds received, higher inventory slots, friend slots, cooler perks in clan modifications, more customized options than regular players etc. This will take place when the time is right and when are getting closer to finish the game and there are many more cool things to figure out! It's self explanatory, the higher the donation, the better perks you get. All backers are appreciated

Bomberman Jippii was made by some students way back and due to lack of time they shut the game down and could not run it anywhere due to other inconveniences. The only thing which may be an issue at hand is it being bomberman skins, so we came up with a solution to make our own customized skins and that we do not clash with the original bomber man. They game creators of this mode have already said, if there is someone out there which want to create similar game, may feel free to do so. So we are making this from scratch again with entirely new system, but based on some of the same game modes which were in the classical bomberman from jippii.

[spoiler=The Donator Forum Ranks]
5 Bomberman Project Donator
bomberworld.io/forum/images/donator.png

10 Super Donator
bomberworld.io/forum/images/superdonator.png

20 Extreme Donator
bomberworld.io/forum/images/extremedonator.png

50 Master Donator
bomberworld.io/forum/images/masterdonator.png

200 Legendary Donator
bomberworld.io/forum/images/legendarydonator.png

By donating you can stack your donation rank. EG. 4x master Donator = Legendary Donator
All donations we receive will go to game development and website maintenance!

I have a question: What do you guys expect from bomberworld? We will keep the game up in the future, what else?

Thank you community, please all suggestions are welcome. I'm just wondering if people are willing to pay.

Don't be afraid to post your suggestions or expectations from the game. Go!

Gz0n3
Very good idea!. This is expected from bomberworld! it costs to maintain server,domain, developers, - the time used to maintain this. Maybe add something like a monthly subscription wich gives you something nice.

Codos to you =)

Tjeut
Costa,

There are a lot of people out there, who would love to have bomberman back in its original form.
The game was very succesful at the time, and even 10 years later a lot of people would love to play it.

In recent years few attempts failed.

In my opinion, we've never been as close this time ! Though, a lot of people are still pessimistic thus not active, but are hiding around the corner.
Like you have mentioned in the openingpost, the game still needs improvement.

There is an awesome coder at work.
But without revenue and other investment this project will fade out.

I believe bomb can revive again. But only in if the game is as good as it was.

I would emphasize, that without goodwill there will be no awesome bomberman.

Nevertheless, a lot of people are sceptical to invest their money.

So I think it's a great idea to give them something back.

And a transparent donating system, so it's very clear that $'s are going to the right matter.

Costa
Tjeut wrote:

Costa,

There are a lot of people out there, who would love to have bomberman back in its original form.
The game was very succesful at the time, and even 10 years later a lot of people would love to play it.

In recent years few attempts failed.

In my opinion, we've never been as close this time ! Though, a lot of people are still pessimistic thus not active, but are hiding around the corner.
Like you have mentioned in the openingpost, the game still needs improvement.

There is an awesome coder at work.
But without revenue and other investment this project will fade out.

I believe bomb can revive again. But only in if the game is as good as it was.

I would emphasize, that without goodwill there will be no awesome bomberman.

Nevertheless, a lot of people are sceptical to invest their money.

So I think it's a great idea to give them something back.

And a transparent donating system, so it's very clear that $'s are going to the right matter.

So do I!
Even if we earn money with marketing in the long run; it would go to future game developement. Jippii died and had some moderators keeping the website up, but at the long end the servers started to break, java got outdated, ...
If bomberman is stable we can work-out all ways. The community will like some updates while others will dislike it. That's why we'll keep the core servers like it should. It's our task to keep our heads up and use our imagination of what else we can include in this bomberman project.

I'm asking for donations because I know the game won't improve. To make a clear picture of what bomberworld needs:

I think there are many problems to fix in game to continue marketing.
- Fix lag problem for many people.
- Game security.
- Decreasing network socket data.
- Add ads
- Few bugs that are still in-game.

in io free game, get mainly income from ads...

For this, it is important to keep the game stable & smooth and it is also important to include a leaderboard system in this bomberman game.
Maybe more people will play to see there name shine in the leaderboards.

je4n
I would make people choose what room they want to join. Like in Counter Strike or other online games, make several rooms and at the start people can choose who to play with.

Benefits:
- people play with friends
- less trolls
- no room blocking to play alone or with friends
- rooms for duels/CW's
- less work for Costa to keep track of all rooms (?)

Possibilities:
- make people/clans buy their own rooms. the clan can be admin of the room (monthly/annual fee). good rooms will make happy people (no one likes no name trolls).

=> generate income like this instead of asking for donations.

Ingame suggestions:
- no more color adventage. this is pure luck and has nothing to do with skill whatsoever. + I like the custom colors for donators which will be more easier to give without any color advantage

Keep up the good work, don't give up now! We are almost there.

Costa
je4n wrote:

I would make people choose what room they want to join. Like in Counter Strike or other online games, make several rooms and at the start people can choose who to play with.

Benefits:
- people play with friends
- less trolls
- no room blocking to play alone or with friends
- rooms for duels/CW's
- less work for Costa to keep track of all rooms (?)

Possibilities:
- make people/clans buy their own rooms. the clan can be admin of the room (monthly/annual fee). good rooms will make happy people (no one likes no name trolls).

=> generate income like this instead of asking for donations.

Ingame suggestions:
- no more color adventage. this is pure luck and has nothing to do with skill whatsoever. + I like the custom colors for donators which will be more easier to give without any color advantage

Keep up the good work, don't give up now! We are almost there.

It's possible to provide clans there own clanservers. I want to provide multiple skins for donators in the future, but all this will ask developement and developement will ask money.
I can create clanservers allready, but the problem is that the game isn't fully finnished yet. So there is no point for me to let people rent there own private server yet.

Some people prefer color advantage and others don't; so I think i'll have to seperate the servers like: Hardcore Bomberworld (color advantage) / Core Bomberworld (without color advantage)? Else I'll have to make a poll to satisfy the bomberman community.

je4n
Costa wrote:

It's possible to provide clans there own clanservers. I want to provide multiple skins for donators in the future, but all this will ask developement and developement will ask money.
I can create clanservers allready, but the problem is that the game isn't fully finnished yet. So there is no point for me to let people rent there own private server yet.

Some people prefer color advantage and others don't; so I think i'll have to seperate the servers like: Hardcore Bomberworld (color advantage) / Core Bomberworld (without color advantage)? Else I'll have to make a poll to satisfy the bomberman community.

Yes exactly. That's why seperate servers would be a good idea, people can make their room as they want Smile
And ofcourse this isn't for now yet, it was just an idea that was running through my mind to keep the community going. First things first and that's to get the game as close as possible to the original

Costa
je4n wrote:

Costa wrote:

Yes exactly. That's why seperate servers would be a good idea, people can make their room as they want Smile
And ofcourse this isn't for now yet, it was just an idea that was running through my mind to keep the community going. First things first and that's to get the game as close as possible to the original

It would not be the intention to separate the community from each other. So in any case, there should be one public server and one public clanwar server (for clans who can not buy their own server).
The clanserver is just perfect for clanwar practice and tryouts for new clanmembers.

je4n
So where can we donate?

Costa
je4n wrote:

So where can we donate?

I have an appointment with the bank soon, which payment methods would you like?

je4n
Costa wrote:

je4n wrote:

So where can we donate?

I think PayPal will be the easiest?

Costa
je4n wrote:

Costa wrote:

je4n wrote:

So where can we donate?

I think PayPal will be the easiest?

Well for me it isn't, because for new paypal account registrations, I need a CVC code and it's not on my Bank-ID by default; so i'll have to go to the bank to request that CVC number Smile
Once we've reached our donation goals i'll create a topic with all the fixes we need for that amount of cash! Then i'll pay a good developer to get all the bug-fixes done.

I did some research for some stable servers last night (max 1 houre downtime a month) and it would cost us 80$ a month to rent one server. That server can hold 90 players max then and we would get rid of the application errors because if the server crash it will automatically create a backup server right away.

My suggestions for payment methods are: Paypal, Paysafecard, Mister Cash and PayByMobile.

Jean I'll try to figure out a way how I can add your suggestions that you've given in this topic. I see a bright bomberman army rising up Grin

je4n
CVC number is with mastercard/visa only. So you'll have to order one of those with the bank.

You can also try Western Union but the costs to send money are expensive and most people have PayPal nowadays.
And Belgians can just transfer the money straight to your bank account without any costs Smile

Shnullemans
thank you for bringing back!

Jump to Forum: